A rewarding career that can take you to any corner of the world.
Hospitality is any situation where a host provides a service to a guest and is traditionally related to food, drink or accommodation. The global hospitality and tourism industry moves beyond this – it’s now the world’s largest and fastest growing industry. It is a career that can take you anywhere in the world.
If you crave adventure and variety, a Bachelor of Business in Hospitality Management can prepare you for the exhilarating career in the global hospitality industry. Gain the knowledge, attributes, skills, and experience of higher-level hospitality concepts and operations. Throughout William Blue hospitality manager courses, you will study critical business and management subjects with a view to entering the fast-changing global hospitality industry.
Students can study our hospitality management course with an event management focus. There are six event management electives to choose from.
Postgraduate pathway options exist for graduates to continue on to a related master-level qualification through William Blue partner institutions.
KEY STUDY OUTCOMES:
- Project Management
- Planning and Designing Hospitality Venues
- Global Innovations and Trends
- HR management and leadership
- Management in a global environment
- Marketing fundamentals
- Marketing fundamentals
- Specialist hospitality field of your choice
GENERAL ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
Year 12 or equivalent to ATAR 60
Special Entry Requirements
Demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level:
- broadly relevant work experience (documented e.g. CV), demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- the informal or non-formal study, completed or partially completed, demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- written submission to demonstrate a reasonable prospect of success.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
Approved English tests include:
- Equivalent IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with no skills band less than 5.5
This course may be studied by international students.
Torrens offers a free, personalized admission process where each applicant is considered on an individual basis. Please contact our International Admissions Officer to have your previous studies assessed for equivalence.
Torrens University Australia is an inclusive institution that celebrates diversity in its student community. We provide international students with assistance in finding accommodation, academic support, counseling services and language assistance.
Workload and assessment
OUT OF THE CLASSROOM AND INTO THE WORKPLACE:
Students of the Bachelor of (Hospitality Management) and Associate Degree in Business (Hospitality Management) will be required to complete 800 hours of approved internship. With the help of the Career Consultants, we partner with industry to provide students practical work while they study. We partner with students to find an organization in the sector they wish to gain practical experience in. The opportunity to gain professional work experience in the Bachelor Degree and Associate Degree is an invaluable experience for students, giving them important insights.
TYPICAL ASSESSMENT INCLUDES:
- Practical Demonstration and Observation
- Proposal/Design Rationale
- Process/Research Documentation
- Reflective Journal/Blog
- Individual self-directed major project
- Work integrated learning project work
- Design work for social enterprise
Careers in Hospitality Management
- Hotel Manager
- Resort Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Accommodation Manager
- Operations Manager
- Business Consultant
- Revenue Manager
最后更新February 1, 2018