After successful completion of the National Diploma, candidates may, subject to the applicable programme regulations, register for the Bachelor’s Degree in Technology (Baccalaureus Technologiae –BTech). The BTech requires a minimum of one year’s further study.
A BTech Degree in the relevant field of study will be conferred on candidates after successful completion of all theoretical requirements.
The qualified learner would:
- Be competent in the effective and safe management of the surveying required to be done on a mine and the mineral reserve evaluation required for a mine.
- Contribute to satisfy the need for suitably competent mine surveyors and mineral resource managers at middle and senior management in the mineral industry.
- Be able to register with PLATO to register as a professional Mine Surveyor in training
Exit level outcomes:
The qualifying student should be competent to:
- Conduct and manage all the survey work that may be required on a mine.
- Minimise mineral losses by establishing a suitable ore flow control system with the necessary sampling and calculation of ore flow control factors.
- Manage the resources required for the normal running of a survey department on a mine.
- Conduct and manage the evaluation of the mineral reserve of an operating mine.
Admission Requirements and Selection Criteria
A National Diploma: Minerals Surveying, in conjunction with Regulation E.86.2, or an equivalent qualification of an equivalent standard.
Also, refer to Faculty Regulation EB3.
Conferment of the degree
The Baccalaureus Technologiae: Mineral Resource Management will be conferred on students who have completed all the prescribed modules successfully.
最后更新February 3, 2018